WHAT ARE COOKIES
Cookie is a file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a website, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment, they can be used. to recognize the user. The browser memorizes cookies on the hard drive only during the current session, taking up minimal memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any specific personal information, and most of them are deleted from the hard drive at the end of the browser session (so-called session cookies).
Most browsers accept cookies as standard and, independently of them, allow or prevent temporary or memorized cookies in the security settings.
Without your express consent, by activating cookies in your browser, ASOC SPANISH NETWORK OF SMART CITIES It will not link the stored data with your personal data in the cookies.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies are broadly grouped into the following categories:
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THE PERIOD OF TIME THEY REMAIN ACTIVATED:
Depending on the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment, we can distinguish:
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (eg a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookie in which the data continues to be stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
TYPES OF COOKIES ACCORDING TO THEIR PURPOSE:
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist there, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria on the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through the which accesses the service, the regional configuration from which you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to prepare navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of usage data made by users of the service.
CAN I REJECT OR EXCLUDE RECEIPT OF COOKIES?
If you If you wish to reject or exclude the receipt of cookies, you can do the following:
Delete cookies from your browser. Most browsers allow you to prevent all or some cookies from being stored on your computer in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser, use the browser's “help” menu.
If you only want to reject all or some of the third-party cookies, you must directly visit the relevant third party's website to manage the cookies they store on your computer. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section.
Please note that disabling cookies may affect the performance of this website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES:
Some of the cookies included in the cookie categories described above are stored on your computer by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over these cookies or how third parties use them. They are used to allow the third party to provide us with a service, for example analysis.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
This website may additionally include other social media cookies.